Friday 19 March 2010

Joe Strummer

Here's another drawing...


I've written the pages up to number 20 for the millennium chart now, but it's going to be hard going from here because so many of the entries are by the same bands. What else can I say about Joy Division and New Order?? I'm also in sonstant pain at the moment due to a recurring cyst under my left armpit (too much information? Just try living with it, it's bloody horrible!) The email replies for contributions to the book seemt o have dried up, although Skreen from the Cuban Boys has expressed his support again so that's nice. Okay, it's Friday night, time for a few beers...

4 comments:

  1. Love it, excelent - How do you do them? do you copy from photograph or your own interpretation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I copy from a photo in pencil, then go over it with black india ink using a series 2 winsor & newton brush. I can't wait to get back to the drawing side of things in April, but I want to get all of the writing out of the way this month if I can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lee, this is Steve from Teenage Kicks. I love the idea of your book, in fact, it was the kind of thing I was thinking of writing at one point, but your idea looks fantastic. Keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheers, Steve. I'm really excited about this project and it's all coming together very well - I just need to try and get the word out so fellow Peel obsessives will know about it!! Your blog is fantastic, the best Peel related one I've seen now that Perfumed Garden seems to have ground to a halt. I'll let you know when the book's finished!

    ReplyDelete